NEIWPCC is a regional commission that helps the states of the Northeast preserve and advance water quality. We engage and convene water quality professionals and other interested parties from New England and New York to collaborate on water, wastewater, and environmental science challenges across shared regions, ecosystems, and areas of expertise.
NEIWPCC is seeking a Staff Accountant to perform various accounting duties within the fiscal division. The Staff Accountant will work closely with all members of the fiscal team to ensure a timely month and year end close. Primary responsibilities will include the proper recording of expenses and reconciling of general ledger accounts. All work to be performed in adherence to the organization?s fiscal policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of the financial systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process check runs on a weekly basis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries as needed for month end close
- Maintain supporting documentation for all transactions
- Review GL coding to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret financial data
- Assist with the closing of federal grants and fiscal year audit
- Other duties as assigned by the Comptroller
- Bachelor?s Degree required.
- 3 years of previous related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP principles, and accounting practices
- Excellent computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with non-profit/grant accounting is a plus.
- A problem-solver with high attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Visit our website for the full job description: https://neiwpcc.org/about-us/careers/current-openings/
NEIWPCC offers a competitive compensation package, including excellent comprehensive benefits for eligible employees. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and short writing sample by November 28, 2021 via email to email@example.com. In the email subject line please reference position #22-Lowell-003.
NEIWPCC is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, physical and mental disability, ancestry, genetic information, age, political or union affiliation, pregnancy or related medical conditions, military service or application for military service, veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by applicable law. Physical or mental disabilities will be considered only as they may relate to the candidate?s ability to fulfill bona fide job requirements. This policy refers to all personnel practices including employee recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, disciplining, terminating and all other conditions.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration