Nova Biomedical is looking to hire an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to join our team in Billerica, MA. This individual will be part of Nova's Training Group reporting to Operations Administration, designing training materials for GMP Areas including SCORM compliant eLearning to be distributed via MasterControl, OJT Checklists, written assessments, workbooks, classroom presentations, etc.
As part of the position, the ISD will analyze risk, needs assessments, audience, and tasks. Will work with multiple teams across Nova's spectrum to ensure assessment measures are successful and meet the Learning Objectives.
More specific responsibilities will include:
- Conducts in-depth task analyses to define learning objectives according to the Actor, Behavior, Condition; Degree (ABCD) model, and to determine training solutions and other performance enhancement solutions
- Consults with managers and various team members to assess risk and ensure that the methodology used to check effectiveness is commensurate with the risk associated with the work for which the training or other action is being provided per ISO 13485:2016.
- Ensures that, through materials designed, personnel with the necessary education, background, training, and experience to assure that all activities required by this part are correctly performed per Federal Regulation 21CFR820.25.
- Applies formal Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodology to design course content.
- Builds library of Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs) to increase design efficiency, reduce the impact of revisions, and to reduce redundant documentation.
- Conversationally familiar with adult learning theory, learning styles, Gagne?s levels of learning, Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model, etc.
- Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement.
- Designs novel assessment strategies to measure the achievement of course learning objectives.
- Revises existing training materials for technical accuracy and improved trainee experience.
- Familiar with Flipped Classroom, Flipped Learning, blended learning, micro-training, Accelerated Learning, etc.
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience working as an Instructional Systems Designer and/or Associates or Bachelor?s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Cognitive Neuroscience, or Psychology preferred
- Experience with MasterControl and Articulate or Captivate preferred
- Life Science experience preferred
- ISD certifications preferred.
- Human Performance Improvement certifications preferred.
- Ability to work within structured framework for training material development
- Strong software skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio, Articulate/Captivate, MasterControl, and video editing software.
- Ability to develop materials according to the following ISD models:
o Iterative (Spiral) Design
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration