Lowell General Hospital Security is dedicated to Delivering Safety and Service Excellence! Security officers work collaboratively within the department and with other services to create a system of quality health care. Security officers conduct proactive patrols of all hospital buildings and grounds: preventing fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and bodily harm to patients, visitors, and staff. Significant training is provided in the areas of crisis intervention, de-escalation, defensive tactics, emergency management, and life safety. Security officers serve as immediate and first responders to crisis situations on a daily basis, and document all safety and security incidents in accordance with department policies and procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge in areas of safety and security.
- Conduct proactive patrols of all hospital buildings and grounds: preventing fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and bodily harm to patients, visitors, and staff. Be able to satisfactorily complete required crisis intervention, defensive tactics and life safety trainings pertinent to a first responders role.
- Effectively completes mandatory internal patrols of all campus buildings, and external vehicle / foot patrols of all grounds and parking areas, including all applicable off site properties. Identifies and reports all safety, security, and facilities issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates proper actions during patient crisis interventions, designed to achieve the safest possible outcomes for patients, employees, security officers and others using the least invasive measures possible. Competent in all trained intervention skills including verbal and nonverbal de-escalation strategies and approaches.
- Knowledgeable of all CODE Responses for Security Officers, and can adequately explain and demonstrate proper roles and documentation.
- Completes detailed fire prevention rounds, checking for and addressing obstructions of equipment and exits and items stored in corridors impeding egress. Satisfactorily completes fire extinguisher /hose monthly inspections in accordance with established requirements.
- Ability to serve as a first responder to emergency incidents encountered on external grounds, parking lots and parking garages; in accordance to BLS for Healthcare Providers, Stop the Bleed, and nasal naloxone administration training.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Working towards a degree in Criminal Justice
- Military or Law Enforcement Experience, preferred but not required
- Valid Drivers License
- CPR/AED Certification upon hire
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & benefits that start on day one!
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free on-campus parking
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration