Circle Health · Lowell General Hospital - Saints Campus
Work close to home with nursing opportunities at a Magnet designated, community hospital. If you are a Nursing Assistant with recent experience, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
Hours: Part-Time / 32 hours a week/ Days / EOW
The following duties will be performed under the direction of an RN:
- Performs all aspects of activities of daily living (ADLs) patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Prepares patient room for admission
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient.
- Prioritizes patient care according to nursing direction, and discharge plan.
- Transports patient to procedures/discharge within/from hospital as directed.
- Cleans and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Prepares patients for meals, assists with meals or feeds patient as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical tasks, i.e. use of glucometer, lift assisted devices, and collect specimens.
- Collects, records and reports any abnormal vital signs, per patient population, i.e. Glucometry
- Other department specific tasks as needed
- Ensures that the patient and family members are attended to in a caring and attentive manner
- Functions as a Safety Sitter when needed
- Maintains continuous observation of a patient as a one on one sitter as outlined in the Sitter guidelines.
- Notifies nurse before he/she leaves so that observation of patient will be maintained
- Reports immediately to nurse any behavior that will cause untoward effect to patient/staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Recent nursing assistant experience preferred or clinical rotation as part of nursing program
- Works cohesively as a member of the patient care team
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, adapting to the changing pace on the unit, frequent interruptions, emergencies and critically ill patients.
- The ability to recognize patient data relative to age specific needs and provide care as described in the department?s policies and procedures.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Effective communication skills.
- Adheres to hospital / departmental dress code.
- Adheres to hospital?s time and attendance procedures.
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Circle Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration