Circle Health · Lowell General Hospital - Main Campus
ER Tech performs a variety of tasks directly related to patient care. Maintains a clean and well stocked environment to support patient care. May be trained in secretarial duties specific to the ED. Must understand order entry, activation of trauma, angioplasty and use of computer system and associated applications.
Hours: Part Time / Evenings-Nights / 36 hours a week
Performs the following:
- Maintains supplies, stocking assigned areas with supplies and linen
- Stocks specialty trays as used
- Empty hampers
- Cleaning of beds between patients
- Washes stretchers and other areas during downtime
- 1:1 monitors in the psychiatric/at risk patient in the Emergency Department maintaining safety. Use of therapeutic communication in accordance with Non-violent Crisis intervention training.
- Provides transportation of patients using appropriate mode:
- Performs all clerical duties involved with ordering labs, x-ray?s, EKG?s and procedures.
- Answers phone and places calls as needed using proper professional etiquette.
- Simple dressings, wound care
- Applies approved Orthopedic Splints/Dressings and crutch walking
- Assists with care and ADL?s for all patients in the ED.
- Assists patients when brought into room by undressing, connecting monitor, BP and O2 Sat as directed.
- Performs CPR
- Transport to and from Helipad
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED
- EMT or ED experience preferred
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Circle Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration