Circle Health · Lowell General Hospital - Main Campus
This is a great opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician be part of a Magnet recognized, community hospital, where our mission is to put patients first in everything we do. At Circle Health / Lowell General Hospital we have an ambitious vision to Be One of the Best Community Hospitals in America and the Pharmacy Technician will play a key part in accomplishing this pursuit.
Reporting into our Pharmacy Manager the Pharmacy Technician has the following responsibilities:
- Assists the pharmacists in the preparation and processing of medication orders, which includes, but not limited to, retrieval from stock, packaging, labeling and delivery to the hospital floors.
- Maintain inventory standards and adhere to the procedures put in place by the Pharmacy Buyer to maintain inventory levels.
- Utilizes the Automated Dispensing Cabinet system within the prescribed policies and procedures.
- Answer phones in a courteous and professional manner, triage callers needs and assist them in the resolution of their calls.
- Perform nursing unit inspections thoroughly and within the prescribed timeframes.
- Rotate stock, and monitor stock for outdates and near expired medications.
- Interacts with Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other external personal in a professional and courteous manner.
- Analyzes the daily workflow and adjusts work tasks do meet the demands of the department.
- Maintains competency in sterile compounding, performs sterile compounding in the manner in which it was trained.
- Demonstrate competency in the use of pharmacy math, be able to use pharmacy math to solve problems, or determine requirements for sterile compounding.
- Adheres to department policies, procedures, protocols as well as the laws governing the practice of pharmacy within the state of - Massachusetts.
- Performs all other tasks promptly as assigned.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in Massachusetts
- 1 year of pharmacy experience desired
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Circle Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration