Staff Scientist - Environmental
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree from an accredited four-year college or university in science or engineering (e.g., Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, Earth Science, or related field) is required; zero to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver¿s license, proof of current auto insurance, and have reliable transportation, and be able to travel for project site visits, meetings, data collection, and training. Travel is highly dependent on project work requirements and may be extensive at times.
- For geologists and scientists, must begin specific training and experience to support certifications, licenses, and registrations such as professional geologist (P.G.), licensed site professional (L.S.P), asbestos site worker, and others (see List 1) to support technical work assigned or anticipated to be applicable in the future. Achievement of the certification, license and/or registration must be a benefit to Nobis.
Nobis is hiring a full-time entry-level Staff Scientist - Environmental to join our team in our Lowell, MA office to perform project tasks associated with the analysis, evaluation, assessment, characterization, investigation, design, remediation, and/or permitting of a facility, property, or site. Assistance and/or guidance may be provided by more experienced staff members or supervisors.
- With direction, collects samples individually and as part of a field team; operates, calibrates, and maintains necessary field equipment and instruments; performs routine personnel and instrument decontamination; collects or oversees samples during drilling or for sampling; prepares and packages samples for shipping to an analytical laboratory; and ships samples to an analytical laboratory for analysis.
- With direction, completes accurate analysis and interpretation of reports; maps; drawings; specifications; local, state, and federal environmental and construction regulations; test results; and other data necessary for assigned task or project.
- With direction, reviews, evaluates, and/or creates accurate reports, maps, drawings, plans, specifications, and tables; understands Excel, and geographic information systems (GIS), and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) operations as well as the relationships between the raw data collected and that of the finished work product.
- Is familiar with basic calculations and applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations as they apply to project work; works with project team members to perform and complete a wide range of projects.
- Identifies and classifies soils in the field using appropriate standards for geologic or engineering assessment. Observes and/or inspects project sites prior to, during, or after construction to monitor and/or assess construction progress and ensures conformance with engineering plans, specifications, regulations, and accepted construction and safety standards, and prepares written construction inspection and observation summaries.
- Collects necessary field data through observation or through basic field data collection techniques using field instruments such as field survey equipment, tape measures, flow meters, turbidity samplers, sieve analysis, camera, pumps, data logger, remediation equipment, and other instruments as needed.
The complete job posting is at www.nobis-group.com.
Email resume: Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com
How To Apply
Email resume to: Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com