This an awesome opportunity for a Patient Service Representative to be part of a Magnet recognized community hospital, where our mission is to put patients first in everything we do. At Circle Health / Lowell General Hospital we strive to Be One of the Best Community Hospitals in America and our Patient Service Representatives will play a crucial part in accomplishing this pursuit.
Full Job Description
- Interviews inpatients and outpatients with a courteous and professional demeanor to obtain accurate demographic and financial information for a medical record and billing third party payers and enters into hospital information systems.
- Obtains all required signatures relevant to patient treatment, financial agreement, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with physicians, nursing homes, and outside agencies to obtain pertinent medical information. Accurately documents the patient?s stated complaint/admitting diagnosis and any procedures to be performed
- Maintains knowledge of third party payers and/or managed care contractual requirements for pre-registration and registration. Selects the correct payer within the computer system and follows any necessary procedures for medical necessity, MSP questionnaires, pre-certification, or notification of admission as required by the payer.
- If full information is not collected, notes are properly documented as to why the information was not collected or available.
- Interacts with physicians, nursing units, and office staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must maintain patient and hospital financial information confidentially in accordance with all hospital policy and any state or federal regulations such as the HIPAA Privacy & Security Standards.
- Meets the requirements of area specific benchmarks related to productivity and customer service such as wait times, call monitoring score card scores, number of registrations or calls processed, etc.
- CHAA certification recommended.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some College or Associates Degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Valid Drivers License Required.
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors. We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Location: Circle Health · Patient Access
Schedule: Part Time, Days
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration