Staff/Project GIS Analyst
We welcome applications from Veterans!
GIS ANALYST - LOWELL, MA
If you?re looking for challenging, interesting work typically found at a large business, but the variety and camaraderie found in a smaller company, you?re in the right place. At Nobis Group, you?ll find a flexible, relaxed, and team-oriented workplace culture created by our employee-owners. We take on projects of every size - from a single retail location to large, complex Federal Superfund sites and commercial developments. You?ll have the opportunity to explore and grow your skills with a variety of work. Nobis Group?s formal professional development program will support you as you advance in your career with in-house training, membership to professional associations, participation in our mentoring program, and the opportunity to help prepare technical papers and presentations.
Nobis is currently seeking a full-time Staff/Project-level GIS Analyst to provide GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping supporting various teams including environmental services, water supply, and land development and planning project teams.
- Compile, analyze, manipulate, and manage data from public domain, field collection, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and previous mapping efforts;
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products to accompany technical client deliverables produced in accordance with best practices;
- Manage GIS work, design and manage project databases, and design/customize data visualization to support project needs; and
- Develop and refine GIS workflow processes for data collection, processing, and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Candidate shall possess a minimum of baccalaureate degree in GIS, Geography, or similar field, and between 0 and 5 years of relevant experience in GIS application and analysis in support of environmental, water supply, and/or civil engineering disciplines.
- In addition to proficiency with using the Microsoft Office suite of software, the candidate must also be proficient in using the ESRI ArcGIS software platform.
- Experience in data interpretation (e.g., spatial analyses in 2D and 3D environments) is strongly desired.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have reliable transportation and proof of valid auto insurance. ? Although travel associated with this position is not significant, occasional travel to project sites (located within the northeastern US) may be required.
- Candidate must be resourceful and innovative in their approach to the position. ? Must be an effective communicator of technical information in written and/or verbal settings.
- Possession of the GIS Professional (GISP) certification is preferred.
- Experience with field collection of GPS data, coding using Python language, database experience and coding using SQL would be particularly beneficial, Autodesk's Civil3D CADD, and RockWorks' Rockware.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a federal government contractor, Nobis is subject to an Executive Order requiring, among other things, that its employees are fully vaccinated, as defined by the US Center for Disease Control ("CDC") with Covid-19 vaccine(s) approved by the CDC, unless Nobis grants the employee a religious or medical accommodation to this requirement.
Nobis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veterans.
Email resume: Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com
How To Apply
Email resume to: Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com