Reporting to the Senior Director of Nursing, the Clinical Educator will provide leadership and coordination of clinical education across the organization. The Clinical Educator will be responsible for the development and management of all professional development programs, clinical orientation, clinical competencies, and the clinical policy program. Additionally, the Clinical Educator will be the clinical liaison with local schools of nursing and medical assistant programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The assigned duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates fully in all survey activity, remaining knowledgeable about changes in standards and updating practices to reflect those changes.
- Encourages and facilitates professional growth and development of staff.
- Coordinates clinical orientation and education programs for staff.
- Evaluates overall clinical performance on an ongoing basis and uses that information to influence program development.
- Supports nursing preceptorships, providing an optimal learning environment. Ensures staff are afforded opportunities for professional growth and development that support both new and existing programs of care.
- Develops and enforces effectual policies and procedures for the Health Center that ensures compliance with TJC, OSHA, CDC, MDPH, and other county, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data for committees as needed.
- Participates on Committees as assigned.
Program Planning and Management
Works closely with, departments Chiefs, and other Directors, as appropriate, to ensure that
Nursing and ancillary staff meet patient care and regulatory requirements
- Assures that nursing and ancillary staff practice within their individual scopes of practice
- Manages and develops policies and procedures and ensures that they comply with all regulatory and standards requirements
- Participates in or conducts regular meetings with staff to ensure understanding of all Policy & Procedures
- Participates in meetings as required
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Clinical Educator will be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
A minimum of two years clinical experience in an ambulatory care or inpatient setting is required. Excellent computer skills and experience with an electronic medical record system is highly desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Current Massachusetts RN license
- BSN Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions such as heat, rain, wind and snow. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to work remotely with reliable and stable internet connection, needed equipment will be provided
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration