Lowell Community Health Center (Lowell CHC) is a diverse, community-based health care organization. Our programs have been recognized as national models and LCHC was named one of the top five health centers in the nation for excellence in cultural competency. With a career at Lowell Community Health Center, you will be joining a dynamic team of passionate and talented people.
Under the Direction of the Patient Experience Director, The Patient Advocate serves as a liaison between our patients, visitors and the overall health center. Responsible for collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to work towards the prevention and remediation of patient/visitor complaints, and doing so in a timely and empathetic manner. Helps build a culture committed to our vision of improving the patient experience, patient-centered care and a culture of respect.
- Acts as Patient Advocate on serious complaints and assists patients with problems associated with any aspect of their health center visit.
- Respond to patient inquiries and assist by meeting and listening to patients and their families; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
- Documents complaint, conducts research and review, coordinates follow up with responsible departments and/or staff, and conduct the necessary follow up to the patient or complainant. Assures that complaint log is kept up to date.
- Provides education and training to support patient experience processes and performance initiatives.
- Research, problem-solve, and advocate, ensuring patients concerns are taken seriously and addressed.
- Proactively communicate to Patient Experience Director and other department directors as appropriate, when barriers/issues arise and the plan to mitigate them.
- Develop effective communication methods to keep leadership and colleagues informed about patient experience and improvement activities across the health center.
- Prepares and/or presents monthly reports on Patient Advocacy activity as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct annual Patient Experience surveys; gather and review patient experience survey data and identify areas for improvement and trends.
- Coordinate activities across multiple teams to promote positive patient outcomes.
- Documents complaints and keeps track of patterns and trends; determining the required resolution and provides suggestions for improvements.
- Apply appropriate de-escalation techniques when appropriate, diffuse conflict between parties, and remain calm and impartial.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Proven self-direction and time management skills.
- Maintains patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
- Perform other work-related duties as requested.
- 3 to 5 years? experience with patient advocacy in the health care industry.
- Bi-lingual in one of our top in demand languages English, Spanish, Portuguese or Khmer required.
- Must be able to work in a very dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor?s degree in human services or related field is preferred.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration