Serve as the primary contact for new patients and customers accessing services at Lowell CHC. Greets and welcomes patients and customers in a welcoming and professional manner. Registers patients with accuracy and efficiency, updates demographics, verifies insurance eligibility and collects co-pays, if applicable. Inform patients of their rights and responsibilities as a Lowell CHC patient. Work collaboratively with other members of the health care team in order to provide superior patient care delivery. Provides overall excellent customer service to every patient.
- Meet and greet patients, members of the public and visitors to the practice in a friendly and courteous manner
- Welcome new patients to the health center with a cheerful attitude and thank them for choosing the health center to meet their needs
- Provide all new patients an overview of the services offered at the health center
- Provide information and/or education on internal processes and overall health center operations
- Contact patients via telephone prior or after to their scheduled appointments to complete new patient orientations when done over the phone
- Complete all patient phone call assignments as assigned
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients/clients and co-workers: assure patient/client confidentiality at all times.
- Work efficiently both individually and within a team to accomplish required tasks
- Assure the readiness of the Patient Service Center areas for each working day, have all areas fully operational at the start of business hours
- Assist patients in properly completing required forms, ensure that all required forms are obtained, completed and signed
- Accurately register and input patient demographics into the computer system according to practice protocol
- Schedule new patient appointments and ensure patients are properly assigned to a primary care provider
- Verify insurance coverage where applicable according to Lowell CHC protocol, refer and/or schedule appointments with the Health Benefits Department staff, if needed
- Contact patients you may be able to assist with their insurance issue, when appropriate
- Assign chart numbers and organize new patient paperwork according to practice procedures and ensure that the medical record is ready for medical staff
- Collect cash and credit card payments, record payments, provide receipts as needed and balance co-payments at the end of your shift
- Participate in staff and educational meetings
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers
- Maintains current knowledge of registration processes, health center systems and changes
- Works closely with Health Benefits, Registration, Referrals, Health Information and Clinical Departments to ensure all required information is gathered accordingly
- Assist other members of the Patient Services Departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All staff are required to wear masks and eye protection. All patients are required to wear a mask while in our facility. Our facility complies with all mandated COVID-19 precautions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Portuguese or Khmer required.
- Minimum of one year?s experience in a customer service related position, preferably in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of Health Care system and insurance eligibility is a plus.
- Experience working with diverse communities and understanding of multi-cultural beliefs, practices and cultures is a plus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration