Administrative Clerk - Elder Services
The Town of Chelmsford seeks to hire a full-time clerk to provide administrative support to the Human Services Director of Elder Services. Position requires excellent organizational skills, accurate record keeping, knowledge of current computer applications, and basic accounting practices, accounts payable, receivables and payroll.
The rate is $21.5453 an hour with a cost-of-living adjustment on 7/1/22.
Report directly to the Director of Human Services. Provide administrative clerical support within the
Department for all divisions: general office staff, nutrition, programs, transportation, outreach, respite,
and supportive day programs. Position requires excellent organizational skills, accurate record keeping,
knowledge of current computer applications, and basic accounting procedures to process accounts
payable, record receivables and prepare multiple payrolls. Routinely interacts with the public and COA
staff at all levels and occasionally with other Town officials in a professional and courteous manner.
Prepare in conjunction with the Director: reports, multiple annual budgets and sensitive correspondence.
Integrity and discretion are required in the safe-guarding of staff and consumer confidential information
handled or obtained in the normal performance of duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Possess a thorough working knowledge of administrative functions within the COA Department
and its divisions.
2. Inputs biweekly payroll electronically for Supportive Day, Custodians, Social Service, Respite
Care, Nutrition Program, Transportation divisions, etc.
3. Maintain employee sick, personal and vacation leave use.
4. Answer all telephone inquiries and receive visitors; screen for nature of business and transfer
calls to the appropriate voice mail or take accurate detailed messages for all divisions and leave
on the appropriate voice mail.
5. Prepare and issue electronic invoices to miscellaneous vendors for payment to the Department for
6. Prepare vouchers for payment of all invoices.
7. Collect and electronically record all donations and fees. Deposit into appropriate accounts
8. Maintains and prepares electronically, statistical data of all service use for reports to the LRTA.
9. Liaison and communicator with all volunteer Receptionists.
10. Performs other related duties of the class, as required.
The above are typical tasks regularly performed, but additional related tasks of equivalent skills and
responsibilities are performed as service requirements change.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Must be well organized.
Basic accounting skills required.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Minimum 3 years clerical experience required; prior municipal experience preferred
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and My Senior Center.
Possess high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion
Education and Training:
A High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of 3 years clerical experience. Prior municipal experience preferred.
Office environment not subject to extremes in temperatures, noise, odors, etc.
May spend extended periods sitting at desk using the telephone or operating the computer and
other office machines requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
Daily bending, reaching, lifting and carrying files.
This position is open until filled.
The Town of Chelmsford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com and
Town application from Town of Chelmsford website required.
How To Apply
Two pieces to apply:
Please email your resume to Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com AND submit a job application found on Town of Chelmsford site.