We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a significant contributor to the success of a small, dynamic company.
- BDM (Business Development Manager) is responsible for developing and growing sales both organically (existing customers) and new business.
- Works with internal Engineering resources to ensure that all technical applications Engineering questions get answered to help facilitate new quote opportunities and help identify proper solution to customer's needs.
- Reviews all supplied customer documents pertaining to RFQ opportunities and ensures that all contract language is appropriate and acceptable.
- Works closely with Quoting team to get new opportunities launched in a timely fashion for processing.
- Maintains our internal documents, spreadsheets and other software as necessary to log and track various quote projects through the appropriate stages of our sales funnel.
- Reports on all active quoting programs and communicates effectively with appropriate team members to alert them to required actions needed to complete quotes.
- Attends Trade Shows, Supplier events and certain Symposiums as required to solicit new business opportunities. Responsible for set up and tear down of booth and arranges appropriate collateral material, literature and product samples to be present.
- Works with the customer to communicate effectively with the client requesting the quote to gain a full understanding of their needs and specifications. Sets expectations with the customer for anticipated delivery date of the quote and pursues any data requirements needed from the customer in order to complete the intended quote.
- Provides quarterly sales forecasts based on visibility of sales pipeline and anticipated close rates. Responsible to maintain sufficient booking rate to achieve our stated business goals and objectives.
- Publishes key metrics, close rates, organic sales vs new business, sales by customer, by region, quote value, elapsed time in funnel, etc.
- Maintains awareness of competitive landscape, leverages our niche market and capabilities and promotes our distinct differentiators to promote closure of new business.
- Responsible for direct mail campaigns, leveraging website updates to attract new leads and helps to develop and maintain collateral material for use in sales.
- Utilizes government bid sites like Govespend.com, Bid.Net, Dibbs Navigator, GSA and others to garner new engagement opportunities and potential new quotes.
- Meets with customers when required or hosts customer visits here at our site.
- Exercises creative thinking and ways to generate sales leads, possible white papers, select advertisements in Buyers Guides, trade periodicals, Thomas Register, Contracting summits, B2B web services, etc.
- Prior experience managing Business Development activity.
- Will need to learn our products and become intimately familiar with our product structure, families, product features, attributes and specifications to talk intelligently about our products and answer technical questions.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Prior DFAR.FAR experience desired.
- Experience with working with Microsoft Suite of products, Project, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior MRP experience highly desired
- Prior experience with CRM tool also highly desired
- Defense product experience or Avionics product experience a plus.
- Travel requirements up to 15-20%
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration