St. Patrick School and Educational Cente
Job Order #: 17210129
Lowell, MA 01854
20 hours per week
St. Patrick School is a small private Catholic school averaging 120 students. The average breakfast count is 60 -80 students and, lunch is 95 average. We are looking for a reliable person to run the kitchen of whom will be working alone but will work with the Business Manager to keep the program running smoothly. This year there is one lunch period. (Normally there are two lunch periods that are split up by grades).
Kitchen Coordinator: MOTHER'S HOURS Part-time, 9-1-1:30 during school year. This is a position that is fast paced around the actual serving of meals.
This position will be responsible for providing breakfast and lunch for student grades PK-8. Lunch meals are pre-packaged and just require heating in a convection oven.
Daily counts are totaled for the number of breakfasts and lunches that are to be served for the day. Only the number of meals served that day are prepared.
Must be able to follow food safety policies and procedures under Standard Operating Guidelines.
Cleaning/sanitizing the equipment, keeping the storage room and freezer/refrigerators organized, working with the food delivery making sure what was ordered is delivered and putting away delivered items. Any other requests the supervisor may ask that is kitchen related to perform.
- Pass CORI background check
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs (for inventory)
- Be able to go up/down stairs with food trays
- Must complete -God's Children
- 1st aid and CPR a plus but not required
- Work alone (one-person job)
- Must be able to count and total numbers
- A moving position-an average of walking 2.5 miles
- Food either needs to be thawed out or heated in a convection oven
- There is some food prep: Cutting up oranges for the younger students (not often)
- Packaging buns into individual bags and fresh fruit must be handed to the student.
- Food that needs to be thawed out for the next day needs to be taken out the previous day
- Keep track of inventory keeping up-to-date items rotated and documented
- Assist with delivery of inventory and date new boxes
- Keep all refrigeration/freezer units cleaned and organized
- Keep storage room and kitchen cleaned and organized
- Daily student count to get meal totals for the day
- Record equipment temperatures daily
- Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing and maintaining all kitchen equipment
- On all 3 floors- empty milk from the buckets into the maintenance sink and rinse out buckets.
- Roll trash barrels into the maintenance closet
- Wipe down/sanitize tables where any lunch tables are used.
- (Due to Covid disposable trays are being used and there is no ticket collection. We will eventually return to ticket collection and washable trays for the following school years)
- Supervisors must be notified no later than 6:15am if an employee is going to be out for the day.
- St. Patrick School follows the Mass. Sick time laws.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration
311 Adams St
Lowell, MA 01854
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Per Diem Position
Business Services Representative
107 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852