Lowell Five is looking for an experienced accounting professional to join the Accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties to ensure the ongoing efficiency of the Accounting department and to continue to produce accurate, reliable, and timely financial records in accordance with the Bank¿s established policies and procedures. Qualified applicants should have 2-4 years of progressive accounting or auditing experience.
ABOUT LOWELL FIVE
With nearly $1.7 billion in assets, over 200 employees, and 15 banking center locations throughout the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire, Lowell Five is honored to play a vital role in the economic vitality of the region. We provide support of, and our employees are engaged in, a myriad of leadership roles for numerous community boards and organizations. We are proud of the longevity of our employees and we are committed to finding new talent for our team. We offer career development and educational programs to support personal and professional growth along with a benefit package that supports each employee¿s best life. For more information, please visit www.lowellfive.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the setup of investment purchases, monitors principal and interest payments, and prepares entries for investment purchases, sales, calls, dividends received and principal and interest payments
- Prepares and reviews manual bank journal entries, oversees the accuracy of automated general ledger postings, maintains the accuracy of the bank¿s general ledger and provides the daily financial and cash management reports to bank management
- Performs various duties relating to daily general ledger posting and maintenance, including:
o Daily transaction downloads
o Maintaining and processing non-routine transactions
o Correcting errors
o Posting manual journal entries
o Reconciling various accounts on a monthly basis
o Communicating and resolving errors with other departments and members of the Bank
- Prepares or reviews month end reconciliations, including but not limited to: cash, investments, loans, fixed assets, deposits, borrowings and accrued interest and dividends
- Prepares and requests wire transfers through the Bank¿s electronic funds transfer system
- Assists with internal and external audits and state and federal regulatory inspections
- Submits payments for corporate federal and state income taxes, FDIC and DIF assessments
- Is cross-functional, and performs responsibilities of other team members as needed
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting or auditing experience strongly preferred
- Banking experience strongly preferred
- Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate abilities with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF Editor
- Experience with Fiserv suite of products (Prologue, Fiserv DNA) preferred
- Ability to work for prolonged periods of time at a desk and working on a computer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change over time.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Please email resumes to Marianne.Segool@MasshireLowellCC.com and then we will have you fill out the online application also.
How To Apply
Please email resume to Marianne.Segool@MasshireLowellCC.com so we can review/forward your resume, and candidates will then need to fill out an application directly on the website