Reporting to the Fire Alarm Manager, this position is responsible for providing inspections, installations and service on a variety of fire alarm devices and fire suppression systems according to company standards and as required by National, State or Local codes. The Technician will be expected to meet weekly service and productivity goals. The Technician will work with the Company to obtain local city listing agents. The Technician is also responsible for maintaining a clean, well-organized vehicle and ensuring a safe environment for his/herself, co-workers and customers.
- Service, install, perform maintenance, and troubleshoot on a variety of fire alarm systems in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Read fire alarm data sheets, system manuals, blueprints as required.
- Coordinate installations with fire departments and handle necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean up installation debris.
- Meet daily/weekly service and productivity goals.
- Serve as a mentor and share knowledge/experience with others.
- Perform administrative duties including completing service acknowledgements, NFPA Record of completion documents and other supporting documentation.
- Maintain a fully stocked company vehicle in order to provide the best customer service with as few return trips as necessary.
- Massachusetts Class D Electrical License required.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience either in the fire protection industry or the commercial customer service business.
- NICET or equivalent training from manufacturers or institutions.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 72.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 40 lbs.
- Proficiency with using PCs including working knowledge of MS Excel / Word as well as iPhone/iPad apps.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willingness to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- A strong work ethic and professional appearance.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Strong working knowledge of NFPA codes.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Possess a valid driver?s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Capable of passing a pre-employment background, MVR and drug test.
When you join Impact Fire you will receive:
- Competitive compensation
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and holidays
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Immediately vested in our 401(k) company match
- Exceptional guidance and support from our managers
- Collaborative culture & environment
- Robust training opportunities with company reimbursement upon achieving required licensing
- Apprenticeship programs for fire sprinkler, fire alarm and inspection positions
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the fire protection industry
We look forward to talking with you about career opportunities with Impact Fire Services. For consideration, please apply on-line.
Employment with an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) including disability/veterans.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration