What You?ll Do
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs at multiple childcare centers as assigned.
- Perform a wide variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance tasks including, but not limited to:
- HVAC/Plumbing (with vendor support, as needed)
- Landscaping/Playground maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining Property Condition Reports.
- Proactively address operational and/or safety concerns at centers, provide timely attention to operational and safety concerns.
- Maintain and update facilities work order system.
- Actively communicate with center directors and facilities team.
- Work to complete projects on a timely basis, as required.
- Work flexible hours, some nights and weekends as needed.
- Operate a laptop/smartphone for the purpose of completing work orders, team collaboration, budgeting, vendor management, and submitting reports, as needed.
- Manage vendors and contractors, solicit vendor bids, and contribute to the budgeting process.
- Ability to oversee and implement projects, including but not limited to, capital improvement projects, renovations, and upgrades.
- Calmly and efficiently manage emergency situations as they arise.
- Respectfully and responsibly represent Little Sprouts and act with the company?s best interests in mind.
- Is able to work a full-time, 40-hour a week schedule, sometimes off-hours, (some weekend days) as the business requires (i.e., painting, special projects etc.)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to utilize the online work order system
- Accurately reconcile and produce monthly expense reports, as required, per company standards and policies
- Knowledge of child care facilities and state regulations, helpful but not required. Willingness to learn and adhere to state childcare regulations
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work and collaborate as a team with peers
- Must be able to manage time efficiently
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to become a (CPSI) Certified Playground Safety Inspector and participate in other fields related course work
- Willingness to travel within the state of Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Responsibly operate and maintain company vehicle for the purpose of performing job-related duties
- High school diploma/GED
- Trade/vocational training preferred or three years of on the job experience in maintenance under the same or similar working condition
- Electrical Licenses and/or HVAC certifications (preferred but not required)
- Currently based out of the Massachusetts North or South Shore (preferred but not required)
- Physical Requirements
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Stand, kneel, twist and bend to perform needed tasks
- Be able to stand on your feet 75% of the day
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration