Schedule: Daytime and late afternoon/early evening hours
YWCA of Lowell has an exciting opportunity for an experienced community-minded professional driver to join our growing Youth and Family Services team. The ideal candidate has a clean driving record with several years of driving experience, is enthusiastic, attentive to customer service, and eager to participate as part of a team with other YWCA Lowell staff.
As a driver, you will drive a small cargo van with another staff member on board to deliver resources to targeted neighborhoods in Lowell. You will also drive our 14-passenger minibus to transport school-age children (with a YWCA staff member on board serving as bus monitor) to and from our Youth Center in Lowell. The driver is also responsible for maintaining the safety and cleanliness of both vehicles.
- Conduct daily vehicle safety checks.
- Load YWCA Lowell cargo van with varied resources including food, clothing, PPE, hygiene products, books, and other items.
- Deliver these resources to targeted neighborhoods.
- Provide pick-up and drop-off transportation for school-age children on YWCA Lowell minibus.
- Ensure safety of all passengers while on the vehicle.
- Maintain daily cleanliness and sanitation of both vehicles.
- Monitor fuel level and add fuel to the cargo van and minibus as needed.
- Notify supervisor of vehicle safety and maintenance concerns.
- Report to the Youth and Family Services Director.
- Must be available for split shifts, (including daytime and after school/evening hours for 15-18 hours per week.)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a reliable vehicle, and valid driver's license with proof of insurance.
- Provide documentation of safe driving record.
- Have a minimum of 5 years driving experience, including a minimum of 1 year driving a multi-passenger van or mini-bus.
- Have current certification in American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED, or ability to obtain it immediately upon notification of hire.
- Successfully complete a CORI and SORI and reference review.
- Must support and participate in the YWCA?s mission: The YWCA is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
YWCA Lowell is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. YWCA Lowell does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration