A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Project Manager II will manage the new product development process through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met. Work independently with considerable latitude to establish priorities, activities, and specific direction given to the project team toward meeting project completion dates. In addition, provide clear communication of the overall scope, timing, funding requirements, and resource analysis to all team members you make sure to provide a clear, frequent, and effective communication to key stakeholders in a matrix environment.
* Develop and manage an overall plan that integrates key activities of all functions associated with design, development, validation, and commercialization of projects.
* Define and assign roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities to support assigned projects.
* Workwithour Life Scienceproduct development processes (PDP) and champion these processes within the organization.
* Identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plan to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
* Spend up to 40% of your time managing and improving the Lessons Learned process on behalf of the Project Management Organization (PMO) and primary stakeholders of the product development process.
* Explore new avenues for improving product development cycle times and the overall quality of the output.
* Participate and support the growth of Process Solutions, within the global BioProcessing PMO.
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Scientific field.
* 5+ years' experience in life sciences, chemistry, engineering, or business field.
* Project Management experience, education, training, and / or PMP certification.
* High level of interest in continuous improvement.
* Proven track of record of project management in developing physical products.
* Ability to act and communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration, and influence without direct authority.
* Previous experience working on teams with external customers highly desired, strong leadership experience.
* Clear understanding of the business objectives, recognizes trade-offs, and keep decisions in balance with good judgment.
* Ability and willingness to work in a global cross-functional project in a matrix organization.
* Willingness to travel (less than 20%).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and techno
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply