Moderna's Discovery Bioanalytics is seeking a Sr. Scientist/Scientist with a strong hands-on experience in ligand-binding assays (PK, PD and ADA) for measuring mRNAs, proteins and anti-therapeutic protein antibodies. This role will primarily support method development and fit-for-purpose qualification for all therapeutic candidates. The candidate will manage a small team of research professionals and deliver on bioanalytical methods to ensure the success of our therapeutic programs.
The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment with high expectations. Integrity, quality, ability to troubleshoot issues, creative, bold, curiosity, collaborative spirit, respect for people, exemplary work ethic and setting the bar high are key values to thrive in our Team.
Here's What You'll Do:
* Lead the ligand-binding assay efforts (protein and mRNA quantitation) to support non-clinical and clinical studies.
* Work closely with the Director of Discovery Bioanalytics to discuss the status of the different projects and their progress.
* Proficient in bioanalytical method development using ELISA, MSD, Gyro, and RT-qPCR.
* Proficient in common laboratory techniques as applicable to bioassay development
* Experience in working with biological matrices such as Serum/Plasma/Tissues for method development
* Lead bioassay discovery, development, fit for purpose qualification, and method transfer of new ligand binding assays to support preclinical projects across Moderna's therapeutic and oncology programs.
* Evaluate new and upcoming technologies/ platforms to lead innovation across the Discovery Bioanalytics team
* Aid in the outsourcing of relevant assays and critical reagents to CRO partners and assay troubleshooting with those partners.
* Work closely with cross-functional groups to align on projects and priorities (direct or at sub team meetings).
* Implement processes to ensure timelines are met with data and documentation quality.
* Coordinate the need of critical reagents (drug products, purified recombinant proteins) either from internal sources (CMC, Protein Sciences) or external sources (CROs, Vendors).
* Able to critically review and efficiently troubleshoot assay issue
* Manage multiple experiments, projects, and interactions simultaneously.
* Mentor/coach staff as needed
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
* For Scientist - PhD +2 / MS 5-8 / BS/BA - 8-10 years of relevant Industry experience
* For Sr. Scientist PhD 2-5 / MS 8-10 / BS/BA - 10-15 years of relevant Industry experience
* (preferred) Strong knowledge of the bioanalytical assay validation regulations (FDA, EMA guidance).
* Able to critically review and efficiently troubleshoot bioassays.
* Good project management, organization and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Willingness to learn new concepts and challenge boundaries; adaptability to change
* Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
* Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* Lifestyle Spending Account funds
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply