Lowell General Hospital is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant for the Medical Staff Office. At Tufts Medicine / Lowell General Hospital our mission is to put patients first in everything we do, and we have an ambitious vision to Be One of the Best Community Hospitals in America and our administrative staff help make that possible!
In this role you are responsible for coordinating, attending and taking minutes at the daily Medical Staff meetings. You are responsible for transcribing the minutes, logging and tracking them in the online system. Will also track attendance, take action items and follow up with the Medical Chiefs.
Must be familiar with medical terminology, equipment and tests.
- Performs general office functions for assigned department including, but not limited to typing, filing, email/mail correspondence, purchase/order supplies and equipment.
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of office equipment such as copy machine, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for answering phones professionally and required for screening, referring, follow-up calls, and taking messages and managing voice mail.
- Type and produce all types of correspondence and documentation (including reports, charts, manuals, meeting minutes and outlines) in proper format, in the appropriate program with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Provide departmental administrative and clerical support and participates in special projects as needed.
- Schedules appointments and maintains departmental calendars of staff, making appointments, arranging conferences and meetings including scheduling, function sheets, refreshments, agenda, travel arrangements and vouchers when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality in all office manners
- In collaboration with Director, maintains accurate statistics for specialty areas and distributes to appropriate designees. Prepares financial reports, statistics, and contract labor reports, responsibility reports as requested by Director(s) and for assigned areas.
- Medical terminology experience required
- Experience in medical setting
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & benefits from day one of employment!
- 403(b) retirement plan with hospital match
- Opportunities for growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free on-campus parking
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second-largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration