Patient Accounts Representative
Lowell Community Health Center
Job Order #: 17635488
LOWELL, MA 01852
40 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of billing Performs a variety of tasks related to the detail of patient accounts receivable. Deals with questions and requests for detail information related to billings from patients, third party insurance carriers, guarantors, doctors lawyers and others, over the phone or by letter correspondence. Processes all bills for services rendered to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned:
- Accurately Reviewing claims for coding, process and manage in a timely manner
- Review patient accounts to identify delinquent and due accounts
- Coordinate with insurance companies to resolve payment problems and reimbursement issues.
- Insurance verification via phone and/or clearinghouse
- Collect and post patient and insurance payments
- Charge entry and payment processing
- Response to inquiries concerning account balance, third party payments, from patients, lawyers, and/or third party payers in a timely manner.
- Keeps up to date statuses and regulations that could affect the collection
- Effectively navigate insurance portal and EMR system
- Works with physicians or health care professional if patient information is unclear to accurately process a services rendered.
- Brings any unusual occurrence to the attention of the Director of Patient Accounts or Patient Accounts Senior Leader
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Remote Work Flexible work and remote-friendly 40 hours position. The employee may be expected to work on site-part of the week. Daily interaction with other members of the organization and immediate supervisor is expected to included but not limited to phone, video, virtual meetings and training.
Knowledge Reimbursement and third party payer procedures and collection techniques Ability to accurately enter and review data. Ability to multitask. Knowledge of Microsoft and Outlook.
Experience Billing and collections in a health system or Medical billing certificate is preferred. Must have good computer skills.
Bilingual/bicultural preferred: Khmer and/or Portuguese.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration
161 Jackson Street
LOWELL, MA 01852
Per Diem Position
Business Services Representative
107 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852