Veoneer is seeking a Functional Safety (FuSa) Manager to become an integral part of our growing team. This role will work with the radar platform project management and design leads to ensure that the radar platform is developed in compliance with ISO 26262 as a safety element out of context (SEooC.)
The FuSa manager will apply their knowledge of all parts of ISO 26262 while they manage, and track safety activities being performed by multiple engineering teams including systems, hardware, software, and V&V. They will provide functional safety leadership and support to team members when needed and ultimately be responsible for compiling the radar platform safety case.
- Facilitate and execute DIA between radar platform and customer development teams as an internal supplier
- Ensure that radar platform work products required by the safety plan are properly assigned and understood by all disciplines
- Support radar platform project management team in ensuring FuSa competence at the project level to all disciplines
- Ensure that radar platform safety plan remains in alignment with project management plan and project schedule
- Ensure that all relevant tailoring methods are applied within System/Software/Hardware and V&V activities.
- Provide leadership/guidance to the team members responsible for delivering safety relevant work products (Item/SEooC definitions, FSC, TSC, safety analyses, test cases and Safety Manuals.).
- Support internal technical reviews as radar platform key stakeholder
- Support internal change requests and analyze safety impact through proper impact analysis
- Plan and support all necessary confirmation measures for radar platform project with internal assessment team including ensuring the closure of critical non-conformances.
- Develop radar platform safety case and oversee content of SEooC integration manual (safety manual) ensuring the platform safety concept is maintained.
- Escalate any unresolved safety issues according to the internal safety escalation process
- Manage suppliers to radar platform in accordance with ISO26262:2018
- Uphold and adhere to the Veoneer Functional Safety process and provide recommendations for improvement
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree in engineering discipline, Master's is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Functional Safety theory and experience with ISO 26262, certification preferred
- 3+ years FuSa management relevant work experience in safety-related automotive development lifecycle
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS, CodeBeamer)
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly to peers, management, and customers
- Strong technical leadership, problem solving, planning, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work with teams distributed across locations and cultures.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Work experience with Medini Analyze and familiarity with MATLAB, Simulink, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration