Software Engineer - Embedded
Veoneer US Inc
Job Order #: 17777600
Lowell, MA 01854
40 hours per week
What we offer:
Veoneer is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. Veoneer is a Tier-1 hardware supplier and system integrator with products being part of more than 125 scheduled vehicle launches for 2022. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 6,100 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development.
What you'll do:
Our experienced Software Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software for automotive radar applications. The candidate shall possess excellent software development skills and will be part of a team of developers. The candidate shall demonstrate a thorough knowledge of digital signal processors/microcontrollers. This engineer possesses strong skills in the C programming language and software design methodologies. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of radar software solutions.
- Design and develop radar embedded software solutions for Radar platform from provided requirements.
- Write and conduct unit tests.
- Support code reviews for team members.
- Support development of solutions on existing Radar products.
- Estimate and log work in an Agile-based development environment.
- Interface with development teams from offices around the globe.
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements.
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Compliance with Veoneer Standards and Business Conduct Requirements
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer Science, EE or related field
- 3-5 years of embedded or real?time software development in C
- Experience with Agile software development tools and techniques
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Python
- Good oral and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on a software team in a fast-paced environment
- Development experience in one or more of the following:
- Radar technology or related field
- CAN bus or similar communication bus
- Embedded automotive applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration
1001 Pawtucket Blvd
Lowell, MA 01854
Per Diem Position
Business Services Representative
107 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852