Khmer Call Center Representative
Lowell Community Health Center
Job Order #: 17777739
LOWELL, MA 01852
40 hours per week
The Patient Access Representative (PAR) position serves as the primary contact for incoming calls for new and established patients and customers accessing or seeking information about Lowell CHC services. Pre-registers, schedules appointments and assists with overall patient requests. Works collaboratively with other members of the health center in order to provide superior patient care delivery. Projects a professional company image through phone interaction. The Patient Access Representative provides overall call and scheduling support to all of the health center departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer phones in a professional and courteous manner and respond to patient/customer requests as appropriate.
- Schedule, cancel and re-schedule appointments for new and established patients for all visit types and health center departments.
- Accurately gather and input patient demographic information into the practice management system.
- Transfer calls or respond to requests using various methods of communication such as telephone encounters and /or actions and accurately assigns to the department.
- Promote, educate and sign up patients on the Patient Portal and respond to patient portal requests in a timely manner using department protocols.
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients/customers and co-workers, while assuring patient/client confidentiality at all times.
- Assist in making reminder calls and following up with patients as needed regarding appointments.
- Provides overall excellent customer service to every patient.
- Orient the patient about rights and responsibilities and overall health center services.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Work efficiently both individually and within a team to accomplish required tasks.
- Participate in department meetings and trainings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The PAR will possess the following attributes:
- Respect for the dignity and value of all people
- Values diverse cultures, beliefs, lifestyles and backgrounds
- Ability to provide a safe and trusting environment
- Demonstrates patience
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times
- Promotes employees? development and empowerment
- Embraces teamwork and cooperation
- Embraces change and effectively manages change
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year?s experience in a customer service related position preferably in a health care setting
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- ability to work effectively in a high call volume environment
- Computer skills necessary
- Ability to utilize appropriate resources to respond to customer inquiries.
- Experience working with diverse communities and understanding of multi-cultural beliefs, practices and cultures is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently and with other members of the team, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to type 40 wpm+.
- Must be culturally sensitive, friendly and an empathic listener.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, patience, determination, and persistence to solve patient issues and complaints.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Data entry, computer and phone skills are required.
- Must be able to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly learn new software within a fast-paced medical environment.
- Bilingual in either Spanish, Portuguese or Khmer required.
The following is required for remote positions:
- Desktop Computer or Laptop (laptops & other hardware needs may be provided)
- High Speed Internet
- Private/HIPAA Compliant workspace in your home that can be closed off
- Daily interaction with supervisor and/or teammates
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
161 Jackson Street
LOWELL, MA 01852
Per Diem Position
Business Services Representative
107 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852