Are You Ready to Make an Immediate Impact?
At Little Sprouts, we are key players in a fast-growing industry. We seek a high-performing, proactive, and thoughtful team member to provide a forward-thinking and collaborative approach to our facilities team. The Facilities Director is a key member of the organization responsible for ensuring our childcare centers provide a classroom and facilities environment that supports school success, brand identification, and a high-quality early learning environment. This position will work collaboratively with the Director of Real Estate, Director of School Development, center directors, facilities staff, and vendors to ensure that our centers are well-maintained, efficiently designed, and provide exceptional services to support our ultimate goal to ensure safe, well-maintained schools that generate financial success through exceptional customer and employee experiences.
What We Will Achieve Together:
- Exceptional Childcare Environment. Ensure we provide exceptional school environments to support first-in-class early education and childcare.
- Partner of Choice. Achieve a sterling reputation for acting with the utmost integrity in every interaction such that Little Sprouts becomes the industry partner of choice.
- Quality Focus. Ensure that the childcare centers are well-maintained and the facilities efficiently managed.
- Detailed Execution. Manage properties with detail, budget, and timeline, with frequent communication updates.
- Innovation Think Tank. How can we optimize maintenance through innovation? New approaches, tools, and processes let?s do it!
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, upkeep, and repairs for 25+ childcare centers in MA and NH.
- Efficiently and proactively, manage direct reports (facilities maintenance technicians), vendors, and contractors.
- Provide hands-on training, management, and direction to facilities maintenance staff.
- Proactively address operational and/or safety concerns at centers and provide timely attention to operational and safety concerns.
- Oversee the functioning and maintenance of all building systems, including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management. Oversee and coordinate all facilities-related inspections, as required for childcare licensing.
- Monitor facilities' operational and capital expenditure budgets.
- Manage vendors and contractors, solicit vendor bids, and contribute to the budgeting process.
- Oversee contractors and vendors involved in facility projects, operations, and delivery of services.
- Ability to oversee and implement projects, including but not limited to capital improvement projects, renovations, and upgrades.
- Maintain and update facilities' work order system. Responsible for maintaining Property Condition Reports.
- Support facilities staff in performing a wide variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: carpentry, painting, light electrical, working knowledge and maintenance of HVAC/plumbing, and landscaping.
- Respectfully and professionally, communicate with childcare center staff, accounting, facilities team, and landlord representatives, as required.
- Calmly and efficiently, manage emergencies as they arise.
- Work to complete projects promptly, as required.
- Operate a laptop/smartphone to complete work orders, team collaboration, budgeting, vendor management, and submitting reports, as needed.
- Respectfully and responsibly, represent Little Sprouts, and act with integrity and in the company?s best interests.
- 3 years or more work experience in a similar or related role.
- Experience and working knowledge of construction, carpentry, electrical, and mechanical systems. Electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC certifications/license (preferred but not required).
Full Job Discription: https://jobs.lever.co/littlesprouts/a15b857b-a274-4939-ad76-5bdeec
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration