Responsible for all aspects of planning and implementing therapeutic recreation services for patients while meeting all regulatory standards. Provides programming and activities to the residents of this facility as well as other management responsibilities as may be directed by the Administrator.
- Certification as a Recreation Therapist preferred or an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- At a minimum, must have 2 years experience in social or recreation program within the past 5 years, 1 of which was full time in a patient activities program in a health care setting.
- One to three years experience as a Director of Resident Services/Activities in a long-term care, rehabilitation, or assisted living setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Experience in managing people and budgets.
- Ability to transport residents to and from activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing, as well as verbally.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Activities Department.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with residents, their families, and other staff members.
- Ability to represent and articulate the Integritus mission, vision and strategies in developing, implementing and coordinating the department.
- Makes appropriate and timely decisions following review of related facts and opinions. Uses good judgment to initiate action autonomously.
- Brings a focused, calming influence to crisis situations; organizes and directs appropriate action.
- Plans and organizes time and work effectively. Can manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities at once. Able to prioritize while remaining flexible.
- Must have working knowledge of basic computer applications.
Although this job description is intended to be as complete as possible, omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
How To Apply