This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, documenting, and evaluating all educational programs, including on-the-job training for the Nursing Department. Plays a key role in the assimilation of all new employees in the facility and assures competencies are completed timely and thoroughly and that any necessary follow up is completed.
- Schedules mandated in-services on a monthly and annual basis. Secures appropriate and qualified trainers as necessary.
- Coordinates with all department heads to ensure employee participation at mandated in-services.
- Assures mandatory in-servicing is completed timely and documented in accordance with State and Federal Regulations and accreditation requirements.
- Coordinates orientation of all new employees to meet State and Federal requirements and expectations of BHCS education department.
- Communicates the assimilation status of all new employees in the facility to the administrator and appropriate department head/manager.
- Acts as a resource person for all facility staff in regard to personnel educational needs (i.e., infection control, abuse prevention, sensitivity, etc.).
- Implements the career ladder paths (Stepping Stones) in coordination with the facility management team and the BHCS Education Department.
- Coordinates, supports, and follows employees involved in the Stepping Stone Programs and other educational initiatives.
- Attends educational in-services to maintain licensure and broaden knowledge base. Encourages/influences staff to take advantage of educational programs. Educates staff regarding what CEU programs are available to them.
- Understands and upholds the Residents' Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential. Understands employee rights in accordance with HIPAA and holds all employee information confidential.
- Performs other duties as needed or as assigned by the administrator.
- Must be a licensed nurse in the state of Massachusetts. RN strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years' Long Term care experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of nursing management experience preferred. Acute hospital medical/surgical experience desirable.
- Knowledge of the educational needs of all the departments in long term care.
- Knowledge of state, federal, local regulations and JCAHO accreditation requirements as they pertain to certification, licensing, and training.
- Holds and maintains current CPR certification in accordance with Nursing Standards of Practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing, as well as verbally.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients/residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
How To Apply