Job Summary and/or Key Objectives:
Receiving shipments and signing paperwork upon receipt. Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged. Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, etc.). Operates various material handling equipment related to warehousing activities
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Examine inbound shipments for accuracy, and condition of shipment, documenting damages and discrepancies.
- Verify vendor shipments against purchase order for accuracy.
- Deliver or route materials to appropriate locations.
- Work with buyer to resolve purchase order issues and questions
- Help prepare pallets for international shipping.
- Primary back up for courier.
- Inspect inbound deliveries for manifest accuracy and/or damage
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe working environment, reporting unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Use practical approaches when problem solving
- Must be organized while compiling and maintaining appropriate records.
- Carry out any task assigned by management, which is deemed relevant to his/her position.
- Required to back-fill within the department, due to absenteeism/vacation of other employees.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English. Strong communication skills.
- Two (2) years experience in warehousing, shipping/ receiving, delivery or related work.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions including standing, walking, lifting, and bending for an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Must work with a high level of accuracy and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
- Must be willing to generate new ideas for continuous improvement without being prompted.
- Must have a sense of urgency, with strong time management skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate specialized equipment typically used in warehousing and loading/unloading of trucks.
- Strong attention to details, f9llowing instructions from verbal and written procedures.
- Must be reliable and possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Knowledge of Quality system requirements preferred.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft office a plus.
- SAP experience STRONLY recommended.
- High Standard for personal performance.
- High School diploma or GED required
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration