Medical Assistant for immediate start!
Perks include working in a brand-new office built in 2023. Delicious catered lunch on an almost daily basis.
We are a well-established primary care medical practice looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a medical receptionist. You will learn all aspects of working in a primary care medical office, including developing expertise in eClinicalworks EMR. You will work as a team to serve the community around you.
Position: Medical Assistant. Spanish or Cambodian Khmer Speaking preferred.
Schedule: Employee shall work for Employer for forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, in accordance with a schedule to be set by Employer.
Location: Haverhill or Lowell Massachusetts
- You will perform the duties customarily performed by an employee in your position or as otherwise may be assigned to you by the Company.
- Prepare patients for examination, take vitals, update medication lists, record patient health histories
- Administer injections and vaccinations, perform EKGs, and collect body fluid specimens (i.e. urine, blood), and perform routine tests
- Receive and direct phone calls, schedule appointments, check-in patients, update patient records in eClinicalworks, and ensure all forms and consents are completed by patients
- Check-out patients, assist with referral processing, and arrange laboratory services
- Complete prior authorizations for medications, doctor referrals and other orders
- Complete patient paperwork and applications as needed to help providers maintain efficiency
- Write sick notes, return to work notes and other correspondence for patients and our providers
- Assist providers with medical procedures and exams
- Manage inventory of medical supplies and equip exam rooms with appropriate supplies
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Maintain a professional attitude with colleagues and business partners
- Be courteous and caring with patients at all times
- Open and close the office.
- Greet patients and register patients in the electronic medical record eClinicalworks as they arrive in the office or call in for a telemedicine visit.
- Provide directions for patients to navigate the health system.
- Assist with credentialing physicians and other providers with health systems, hospitals, and other facilities.
- Work to ensure excellent customer service is provided to patients and families. Collect and monitor patient satisfaction/experience testimonials.
- Manage co-payments.
- Monitor quality metrics, call patients regarding overdue health maintenance, and schedule patients to complete overdue health maintenance needs.
- Work with other staff and leadership to improve operations and implement new processes
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with eClinicalworks strongly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including how to organize folders in Windows 10.
- Knowledge about ICD10 and CPT codes.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality/HIPPA confidentiality required.
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Must be coachable and a fast learner.
- Spanish or Cambodian Khmer speaking preferred.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration