Department: Department of Public Works
Supervisor: Public Works Director
Union Status: Union
Salary: $18.58, $23.54CDL, $25.22CDL & Class 2A (hourly)
Under the general supervision of the Public Works Director, the MEO Laborer operates heavy motorized equipment and performs duties in the care and maintenance of Town streets and sidewalks, public lands and buildings throughout the Town of Dracut. Specific worksites and assignments may vary to meet the needs of the Town as assigned through the Public Works Director or designee.
The essential functions or duties listed below are illustrations of the type of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
MEO Laborer will operate heavy motorized equipment to maintain streets, sidewalks, public lands, open space, and public buildings located throughout the Town of Dracut. Specific worksites and assignments may vary on a daily and/or hourly basis to meet the needs of the Town as assigned through the Public Works Director or designee.
MEO Laborer, under the direction and supervision of the Public Works Director or other designated personnel:
- Operates any motor driven equipment including trucks, tractors, road rollers, rotary snow fighters, tar distributors, road sweepers, leaf loaders, road flushers, hoisting equipment and hydraulic equipment, pay loaders, and any and all Town owned equipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks, picks up and hauls materials, plows and salts streets, sidewalks, roadways, and parking lots and any other area designated by the Public Works Director or designee.
- Greases, oils and cleans equipment, changes tires, and performs minor preventative maintenance.
- Performs a variety of generalized labor duties including but not limited to shoveling snow, digging holes and other excavation, cleaning litter and debris from streets, masonry, and any other work assigned by the Public Works Director or his designee.
- Trims shrubs and trees along sidewalks and roadways, mows grass using hand or power equipment, removes snow and ice and applies salt either manually or using small powered equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Public Works Director or designee.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience desirable
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform heaving lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of hazards associated with the trade
- Ability to work well with others and the general public
- Must have a good work history and be dependable and reliable Licenses:
- Must have a valid MA Class B CDL or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire, and ability to obtain Class 2A hydraulic license within one (1) year of hire
- Good driving history required
Full job info: https://www.dracutma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif501/f/uploads/meo_laborer_2023.pdf
How To Apply