A well known manufacturing company in the Greater Lowell area seeking for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team. In this position you will be maintaining and monitoring the food safety and quality plans and associated programs to ensure we achieve and are compliance with policy, standard operating practices, regulatory standards, and business goals across the facility.
- Maintain and update facility Food Safety Plan and associated programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, such as the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), or corporate requirements, or both.
- Train, Operations, Maintenance, and other supervisors and hourly frontline employees annually and when changes occur to the Food Safety Plan.
- Conduct pre-operational inspection and daily Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits. Use of (ATP) meter to validate cleaning and sanitation.
- Collect environmental swabs, submit to the external lab, and review and save reports.
- Identify nonconforming products, equipment, and materials and determine dispositions.
- Conduct audits to verify the Food Safety Plan and associated programs are being followed.
- Conduct annual review of Food Safety Plan and validation of Process Preventive Controls.
- Support pest control operations and document pest sightings.
- Conduct training and perform paperwork verification on Process Preventive Controls documentation.
- Maintain deviation program, following up on issues and corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in programs.
- Support third party, regulatory, and internal audits.
- Develop a constructive work environment through open communication and team building skills.
- Conduct internal audits of facility Food Safety and Quality Programs against corporate standards.
- Maintain tracking of foreign material findings and maintain the glass and brittle material register and audits.
- Ensure equipment calibration records are maintained to support quality and food safety.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of an associate degree in food science, Biology, or Chemistry, or equivalent food industry experience
- Certified FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), HACCP, GMP, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP)
- Strong understanding of the FDA regulations, Food Safety Modernization Act, Sanitation SOP development and implementation, and GMPs
- Previous experience in a technical role
- 2-3 years' experience in the food industry preferred.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration