The Merrimack Valley Food Bank is an independent, non-profit organization with a mission to provide adequate nutrition and freedom from hunger. The MVFB currently serves feeding programs in over 30 cities and towns in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. MVFB is looking for an Office Assistant to join our team in a fast paced and busy environment. Candidates must be organized, friendly, courteous, and dependable. Excellent skills in MS Office, including Word and Excel, strong spelling, grammar skills and proof reading required.
Attention to detail and strong data entry/typing skills. Some responsibilities include answering phones, greeting visitors, typing and preparing correspondence, updating and maintaining lists, records, and reports (spreadsheets). Must be a team player and driven individual, with a positive attitude. Will train right person to use our database platform, Donor Perfect.
- Answer phones, screen, transfer, take messages and direct to appropriate staff member
- Open and sort mail, distribute in mailboxes
- Organize all checks/monetary donations received by donation type, file in folder, and provide to bookkeeper for deposit.
- Prepare and send thank you/gift acknowledgement letters and mail
- Enter all donations in Donor Perfect database, monetary and food.
- Monitor office supplies, printed materials and order when necessary
- Manage postage machine to include postage and ink.
- Prepare a variety of reports as requested
- Schedule deliveries in Outlook calendar for food and other items to be delivered
- Establish and maintain office files and records
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills and outgoing personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be vaccinated for Covid -19 (1st dose or full dose within 2 weeks of hire date)
- Three professional references
$17.00-$19.00 an hour
Please email resumes Tim Hovey at email@example.com
How To Apply
Please email resumes to Tim Hovey at firstname.lastname@example.org