Brooks is a growing, fast-paced technology leader of automation solutions which support the dynamic and expanding semiconductor and life sciences lab markets. At Brooks, new ideas, technologies, and ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and collaborate with one another to achieve new heights. We are looking for our next Facility/Maintenance Technician as we accelerate our growth journey.
What you?ll do:
- Perform a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks to assist in the daily repair, preventative maintenance, and expansion projects, including basic carpentry, masonry, electrical, heating/air-conditioning, plumbing, painting, mechanical and floor/wall coating installation.
- Perform scheduled inspections/PMs on all facilities systems.
- Assist in moving office contents within site, including furniture, files, etc. as needed.
- Respond to emergencies as needed. Provide 24-hour on-call maintenance coverage.
- Take proper safety precautions and utilize appropriate PPE/equipment in the performance of all duties.
- Create good vendor relations and manage vendors when called upon.
- Read and understand technical drawings and operator?s manuals.
- Troubleshoot semi-complex problems with equipment and systems.
- Work as a team member with operations and other technicians to support the facility in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to understand workload and record actions.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., office and operations, suppliers, associates).
- Operate equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, dock equipment, mechanical room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
? Diagnose refrigeration and electrical problems using technical drawings and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop).
What you?ll bring:
- 2-5 years? experience in office/industrial maintenance setting.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Energetic, proactive, self-starter, and able to complete tasks with little oversight.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal directions.
- Manual dexterity, willingness to roll up your sleeves, and problem-solving skills.
- Team orientated and a good communicator with all of our internal customers/personnel.
- Take direction when required.
- If you are licensed, we do want to hear from you.
What we offer (region specific below is US):
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Holidays, PTO, and Flexible work schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Student Loan Program
Brooks Automation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
Email resume to Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com and fill out an online application for Brooks.
How To Apply
Email resume to Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com and complete the Brooks Automation application online.