Site Director - Westford Partnership for Children - Recreation Dept.
Position Summary: Under supervision of the Assistant Director will be responsible for planning and implementation of the activities offered. He/she is responsible for the preparation of counselor schedules. The Site Director shall maintain and update staff and children?s files. The Site Director acts as a liaison to School Staff. The Site Director supervises assigned program staff. The Site Director is responsible for ensuring that health and safety precautions are met and that staff are complying with established rules and regulations. The Site Director is responsible for adhering to all guidelines as outlined in the WPC handbook. He/she is responsible for documenting all accidents, injuries, incidents, complaints, and problems as well as reporting to the Assistant Director regularly regarding the status of the program. The Site Director is responsible for ensuring that all timecards, pay checks, daily schedules, attendance sheets, etc. are submitted in a timely manner to the Department Office. The Site Director may be assigned by the Assistant Director to manage a specific Westford Public School location. The Site Director does have responsibilities related to summer programming. Hours will vary between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm, with some flexibility.
To be performed on a daily basis:
1. Responsible for overseeing the implementation, planning and delivery of enrichment curriculum, ensure the highest quality of program standards, and maintain a culture of excellence, reflecting the program?s core values.
2. Assure all appropriate supplies required to run program activities are available.
3. Supervise, guide, coach, correct, and provide support to staff; in a constructive, positive, and direct manner to ensure a cooperative team environment.
4. Be a role model by exhibiting appropriate behavior at all times and by maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
5. Demonstrate cultural competence and fairness when working with all students, staff, parents, volunteers and school personnel.
6. Maintain daily communication with their partner schools relating to the needs of students and or issues with students as they arise.
7. Maintain daily communication with school staff regarding children in the WPC program regarding any issues that arise.
8. Attend and participate in monthly site-director meetings and professional development.
9. Develop and deliver staffs training at ?All Staff? meetings and trainings that is site specific.
10. Demonstrate respect, non-judgmental listening skills, empathy, conflict-resolution skills, and appropriate verbal and physical boundaries with students.
11. Other duties as required by the Assistant Director to support the program.
Qualifications and Requirements: Must be able to engage in and supervise active play with children. Supervisory experience preferred. Must be creative and have excellent communication skills. A flexible and a team-work approach are essential.
Education: BA degree in a related field preferred. Must have 1+ years experience working with elementary school children. Must acquire basic First Aid Training and be certified in Infant/Child/Adult CPR.
Salary: $21.40 - $24.98 Dependent on experience and education
How To Apply
For more information or how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org