The Building Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of the YMCA building and grounds during assigned hours. Must be able to uphold all YMCA safety and member service standards while focusing on positive relationships with all members, staff, volunteers and guests at the YMCA facility. The Building Supervisor is an ambassador for the YMCA and should ensure delivery of high standards of customer service.
· Provides overall supervision of YMCA facilities, staff, members and guests in the absence of management staff.
· Ensures staff at assigned posts and reports any discrepancies to the proper Director. Calls for subs for areas that are not staffed.
· Takes the lead in all incidents/accidents, including emergency situations and discipline problems with employees, members and guests in accordance with YMCA policy. Documents all occurrences of medical and non-medical incidents by completing an Incident Report form.
· Provides customer service to current and prospective members and assists member services staff with all welcome desk responsibilities when needed.
· Restock supplies as needed- paper towels, sanitizer, toilet paper, etc. and assist with minor maintenance duties as needed.
· Performs daily and periodic inspections of the building and updates Building Supervisor Checklist. Communicate safety and facility concerns with supervisor as they arise.
· Make sure the building is cleared and properly locked before leaving.
· Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· 21 yrs. of age or older preferred.
· Previous supervisory or customer service experience.
· Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community including adults and children alike and stay calm in stressful situations.
· Knowledge of Daxko operations preferred.
· Understands the mission of the YMCA and the four core values.
· Obtain CPR, First Aid, AED certification after hire.
· Complete YMCA and Redwoods required trainings upon hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, sit and reach.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Part time position 15-20 hours per week. Open shifts for this position will include weekdays 5pm-10pm, Saturdays 8am-1pm/1pm-6pm, Sundays 8am-12pm/12pm - 4pm
How To Apply
For more information or directions to apply please email email@example.com