The Bike Connector is a Lowell based bicycle collective and bike shop making bikes safe and accessible for all.
Our work is an essential and necessary service. The Bike Connector grew out of high schoolers' needs for affordable transportation to school, work, and activities.
The need for bikes and bike repair is demonstrated by the large number of community organizations that have approached us seeking bikes and bike repair for their constituents.
The front desk attendant is responsible for:
- greeting customers, donors, and volunteers at the front door;
- assisting customers, volunteers, and donors with signing in to our database;
- educating customers on TBC programs (Earn-Your-Bike, Buy-Your-Bike, Fix-Your-Bike, Borrow-
- intaking bikes;
- directing customers to the available stock of bikes;
- signing customers up for appointments;
- reminding customers of their upcoming appointments;
- collecting payments;
- collecting forms and waivers from customers;
- refilling helmets and locks at the check-out station;
- managing the bike check-out (customer photos, tag completion, helmet fitting, and lock
- receiving donated bikes/components.
The front desk attendee would work closely with the shop manager, who would continue to help clients select bikes, receive payment for bikes/services, and manage the mechanics.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration