The Lead Engineering Technician works closely with Engineering staff to fabricate components, assemble stacks, operate equipment, and build/test systems. Both mechanical and electrical tasks are involved, including operation of basic shop tools and machines.
• Fabricate prototype components in the shop (machining, sheet metal, assembly, etc.).
• Perform equipment maintenance as required.
• Fabricate cells and components using custom, manual tooling (die cut, hot press, etc.).
• Assembly stacks using custom, manual assembly fixtures.
• Work cooperatively with engineering and manufacturing staff to improve designs, tooling, fixtures. and processes.
• Measure and document components for quality assurance.
• Set up stations (including low voltage instrumentation wiring) for testing and execute test campaigns in conjunction with engineering / manufacturing direction.
• Trade school diploma (mechanical / electrical discipline, required); High school education with sufficient work experience acceptable.
• Associates (2yr) degree in Engineering preferred
• 5 years relevant, hands-on work experience in a mechanical / electrical trade.
• Understanding of technical documentation, engineering designs, and fabrication methods.
• Demonstrated ability to work with their hands and produce components and assemblies with attention to detail.
• Executes work with a sense of urgency while ensuring safe practices are followed.
• Mechanical experience (reading mechanical drawings; use of general shop tools, hand tools, power tools, sheet metal, machining, assembly, maintenance).
• Electrical experience (reading electrical schematics; low voltage wiring, terminals, soldering, documentation, troubleshooting).
Development, manufacturing, and office environme
How To Apply
If interested please email email@example.com