Nova Biomedical is hiring a Supply Chain Specialist I in our Billerica, MA facility to be responsible for the procurement and management of purchased commodities including extruded film, plastic and packaging components, subassemblies, equipment, services and supplies to support the Manufacturing and Packaging factory within the guidelines of the Nova Biomedical purchasing system.
More specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensures compliance with all Nova purchasing procedures and policies.
- Schedules and places purchase orders with suppliers based on MRP requirements and order
policies while managing inventory to required levels.
- Utilize forecasts, historical reference data, and customer inputs to develop build plans and
materials/component purchasing forecasts and plans for the Strip Factory proper and the
- Work with and provide Production scheduling input to Production Manager.
- Maintain raw material/component and finished goods inventory levels at established goals.
- Sourcing of film, plastic, packaging components, materials, and services etc. to support the
BGM factory in the timely manufacturing of all finished goods products.
- Monitor changes to customer orders/forecast and the potential to impact raw material
forecast/supply and production plan.
- Procurement of capital equipment as required to support the BGM factory.
- Responsible for procurement of all MRO and facility related items.
- Establish pricing and maintain vendor relationships, negotiate contract requirements as
- Identification of cost increases, lead time issues and management of supporting
vendors for contracted subassembly vendors.
- Assist Accounts Payable in resolving issues.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable materials or services with inspection or QC, users,
vendors, and others to determine source of discrepancy and take corrective action if applicable.
- Support of R&D through procurement of components or services for new product
- Assist in transition of new products from development to production.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and practices through participation in professional
organizations such as NAPM and APICS
- BS or BA in Business or other applicable discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years manufacturing purchasing, planning and inventory management experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with MRP and purchasing systems as well as computer application skills such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
At Nova Biomedical, we practice our core values of mutual respect, honesty, and integrity throughout the company. With a strong sense of family in the workplace, we are proud that one third of all our employees have been with us for over 10 years.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration