Grow with a creative arts center while doing impactful work! The Culinary Instructor at Hammar's leads hands-on culinary events for all ages.
Hammar Art Studios is looking for an experienced Culinary Instructor who enjoys leading culinary events and is as comfortable engaging with kids ages 2+ as they are with adults. Our Culinary instructors are the official event hosts; and are responsible for the success of the event from start to finish; including managing the assistants, demonstrating great customer service and creating loyal clients. If you are passionate about cooking and love working with aspiring chefs of all ages- join the team as a Culinary Instructor!
Hammar's Studios is looking for an energetic, confident host-with-the-most for our culinary programs and events. This person will have a strong teaching background and be comfortable engaging and instructing guests from ages four to adult. Strong familiarity with the kitchen and cooking and baking skills required. This person will host, lead and teach our culinary events for our weekly kid's cooking programs, adult cooking workshops, kids camps, birthday parties, field trips and more.
Part-time: 15-35 hours/ week
Salary: $20 To $30/ hour
- Creating an excellent and consistent client experience is our focus at HAS. You must be able to interact with all clients (Parents, Children and Adult Guests) to ensure customer satisfaction
- Teach clients about food and various culinary skills, tips and tricks related to class recipes and ingredients
- Manage and supervise Event Assistants
- Engage and teach clients about cooking skills and more as related to event recipes and ingredients
- Create a controlled safe, clean, friendly environment for all students
- Prepare for all Classes and Events (Set-up, Ingredients, Review Teaching Materials)
- Deliver an exceptional cooking event experience by:
- Strong culinary skills and understanding of food preparation and presentation
- Maintain a professional personality and strong presentation/speaking skills
- Ability to follow identified recipes, as well as to improvise and demonstrate creativity
- Manages kitchen support team and oversees side-work completion
- Ensures high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the experience by keeping work area and guest areas clean and organized
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking event and retail sales
- Handle, serve, and pour wine and beer
- Provides positive coaching and performance feedback to the kitchen support team in an uplifting manner
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Kitchen experience preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Must 21+ years old
- Outgoing personality with strong leadership skills and strong speaking voice.
- Strong customer service skills -- ability to communicate well with both adults and children of all ages.
- Ability to work with induction burners, high-temperature ovens and/or other heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen te`mperatures
- Ability to hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise in order to chop, whisk, slice, stir, and juice
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to operate a POS system
- Ability to work a varied schedule in order to teach classes at different times of the day and week
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Bonus Pay and Tips
How To Apply
Please send resumes to Rena Segool at firstname.lastname@example.org