Hammar's Studios seeks a confident sales professional/art instructor who is passionate about the arts!
Purpose: The Lead Studio Instructor leads weekly art classes, painting events, camp programs and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Studio. Between classes, they are driving enrollment, promoting programs, and following up on sales leads. Light administrative tasks and basic computer knowledge are necessary. This is a full-time position between 37-40 hours a week. Schedule is dependent upon the Studio’s program schedules, private bookings and sell through of events. Weekends, nights, and school vacation weeks availability is required.
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000 per year
Schedule:Varies - Nights and Weekends, and School vacations in MA + NH included
- Leads events, classes, programs, birthday parties, and workshops; willing to lead any creative "making" program the Studio markets.
- Implements Art Instruction for youth, adult and parent/child classes, workshops, step by step acrylic paintings, designing and creating acrylic painting samples.
- Assists with set up of classes, parties, and events, for both children and adults
- Provides good communication skills that utilize encouragement and positive guidance to foster active engagement of class participants.
- Develops positive, effective working relationships with staff and supervisors.
- Directs and coaches an Assistant for larger camps/programs as necessary.
- Provides sales and customer service to all Studio patrons to ensure that sales goals as a team are met by:
- Greeting, servicing, and closing sales with customers
- Professionally interacting with Customers on a daily basis;
- Assisting customers with questions, purchases and reservations
- Following company marketing/sales strategies that includes: selling, maintaining proper displays and signage.
- Perform the administrative functions associated with sales and registrations
- Maintains Inventory, organization and stock of supplies, merchandising and keeping the Studio organized, clean and Guest ready
- Receive and restock merchandise deliveries:
- Perform basic cleaning tasks including washing brushes, dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and dusting
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have proven success with achieving goals and completing tasks within a timely manner
- Prior experience with?retail operations/keyholder
- Prior experience with retail sales preferred
- Prior experience with Childcare and art experience- a plus
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Be 21 or older, valid driver’s license, and have reliable transportation
- Willing to CORI and submit to drug screening
- Have a passion for art and learning
- Must be able to instruct art to small and/or?large groups, that include students of various ages and abilities.
- Must be self-motivated, a good multi-tasker, and able to work independently without oversight or in a small team
- Must be able to work with a wide range of people and enjoy working with families; especially children
- Must be results Driven/goal oriented: A team player with a positive sales pulse!
- Willing to travel for outside events occasionally
- Must have Basic computer and POS knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs at times, climb a ladder, and be standing/on feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
How To Apply
Please send resumes to Rena Segool at email@example.com