Environmental Analyst - Wetlands & Long Island Sound
Who We Are
NEIWPCC is a regional commission that helps the states of the Northeast preserve and advance water quality. We engage and convene water quality professionals and other interested parties from New England and New York to collaborate on water, wastewater, and environmental science challenges across shared regions, ecosystems, and areas of expertise.
How You Can Help
We're looking for a passionate environmental analyst to join our team of dedicated and resourceful water experts. As a part of the Water Quality Division, you will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to support NEIWPCC's clean water priorities in the Northeast. In this role, you will:
- Serve as the project officer for the Long Island Sound Study by drafting and implementing
workplans, budgets, contracts and grants, and supervising regional staff implementing the
- Organize and lead workgroup meetings of state and federal stakeholders on wetland and
biological assessment subjects.
- Work with NEIWPCC leadership to identify and address regional priorities associated with the
Waters of the United States (WOTUS) and Clean Water Act.
What We Are Looking For
The successful candidate will have:
- A master's degree in environmental studies, natural science, public health, earth science,
biology, chemistry, or related field, and related technical or professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience with aspects of water quality, wetlands, monitoring, and watershed
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders in implementing environmental
- Knowledge and experience supervising remote staff or contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
What We Offer
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $69,000 to $85,000. NEIWPCC offers an outstanding comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees:
- Pays 75% of premiums for health, dental and vision coverage.
- Contributes 10% of annual base salary to employee retirement plans.
- Provides 15 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, paid holidays and volunteer leave per fiscal
- Offers tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program.
This full-time position will work 7.5 hours per day and is based out of NEIWPCC's Headquarters office in Lowell, MA. Duties will be performed largely in an office setting with occasional travel, for which a valid driver?s license and private means of transportation are required. After six months of employment, this position may be eligible for a partial telework schedule for office-based duties, subject to approval and determined by program and office needs. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference #24-Lowell-002 in the email subject line. Application review will begin on January 5, 2024 and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. A full position description may be viewed at: https://neiwpcc.org/about-us/careers.
How To Apply