Nova Biomedical is hiring a POC Order Processor/Shipper to join our team in Billerica, MA (10:00 AM - 6:30 PM). This individual will be responsible for performing the part verification, packaging, shipping of domestic and international orders and assuring all items are accurately accounted for. Other responsibilities include:
- Generating appropriate shipping documentation and contact freight carriers for
shipment pick up as needed
- Picking of customer orders using handheld bar code scanners and automated picking
- Operating various material handling equipment related to warehousing activities.
- Picking international and domestic customer orders using handheld scanners and
automated picking system
- Performing cycle counts
- Inventory put-away from manufacturing and inter-plant shipments
- Helping to maintain non-inventory packaging and shipping material levels
- Performing location audits and cycle counts
- Location integrity and FIFO (First In First Out) practices must be used when picking,
moving, or storing material
- Checking customer orders for accuracy
- Packaging orders to ensure safe and damage-free shipment, ensuring customer specific
requirements are met.
- Generating bill of lading for truck shipments and record seal numbers as needed.
- Loading international and domestic customer shipments with freight carriers upon their
arrival daily and having the driver sign for shipment(s)
- Contacting carriers as needed
- Ensuring proper labeling, packing and manifestation of dangerous goods shipments
- Ensuring the end of night checklist is completed
- Assisting with training and the development of new employees
- Reviewing key punching accuracy
- Maintaining an orderly, clean, and safe working environment, reporting unsafe conditions
- Using practical approaches when problem solving
- Being organized while compiling and maintaining appropriate records
- Carrying out any task assigned by management, which is deemed relevant to his/her
- Back-filling within the department, due to absenteeism/vacation of other employees
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English. Strong
- Two (2) years experience in warehousing, shipping/receiving, or deliver or related work.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions including standing, walking, lifting, and bending for
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Inventory Management Systems preferred.
- Must work with a high level of accuracy and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be willing to generate new ideas for continuous improvement without being
- Must have a sense of urgency, with strong time management skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate specialized equipment typically used in warehousing.
- Strong attention to details, following instructions from verbal and written procedures.
- Must be reliable and possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Quality system requirements preferred.
- Some knowledge of shipping domestically, using UPS WorldShip, FedEx Cafe, & USPS
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Office a plus.
- SAP Experience STRONGLY recommended.
- High Standard for personal performance.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
At Nova Biomedical, we practice our core values of mutual respect, honesty, and integrity throughout the company. With a strong sense of family in the workplace, we are proud that one third of all our employees have been with us for over 10 years.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration