Nova Biomedical a Material Handler to support the Distribution/Production area of our Manning Road, Billerica, MA facility. This individual will play a key role in the support of manufacturing of high-volume Point-of-Care, Test strip manufacturing. The Material Handler will be responsible for preparing materials required in maintaining a continuous supply of materials to the strip factory and packaging line and operates various material handling equipment related to warehousing activities. Other responsibilities include:
- Picking of production orders and timely delivery of materials needed for Strip factory and
- Location integrity and FIFO (First in first out) practices must be used when picking, moving or
- Perform cycle counts as needed.
- Processing receipts of raw materials.
- Shipping finished goods to customers using SAP/Process weaver
- Preparing finished goods pallets for inter plant transfers
- Consolidate raw material s increasing space utilization.
- Competent with SAP warehouse management module. This includes using barcode RF
scanners for transactions.
- Keeping inventory accurate, locations are neat and organized and the warehouse clean.
- Put away materials from incoming inspection, receiving and production floor.
- Help manage materials in the Warehouse.
- Primary back up to Group Leader. Responsible for data entry, receiving, inter-plant transfers,
shipping of FG's (ASN) manifest), and primary contact for Distribution related issues.
- Ensure safe working environment, reporting unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Carry out any task assigned by management, which is deemed relevant to his/her position.
- Back-fill within the department, due to absenteeism/vacation of other employees.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to perfom1 repetitive motions including standing, walking, lifting, and bending for an
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be physically fit enough to climb ladders, operate a hand jack
and spend a lot of time on your feet.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Inventory Management Systems preferred.
- Ability to operate specialized equipment typically used in warehousing.
- Strong attention to details, following instructions from verbal and written procedures.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision, and work in team environment.
- Must be reliable and possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt and team new skills.
- Participation in continuous improvement activities.
- Must have a sense of urgency, with strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of Quality system requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of shipping domestically, using UPS WorldShip, FedEx cafe.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft office a plus.
- SAP experience STONGLY recommended.
- High Standard for personal performance.
- High School diploma or GED required
- More than 1 year of relevant material handler experience
At Nova Biomedical, we practice our core values of mutual respect, honesty, and integrity throughout the company. With a strong sense of family in the workplace, we are proud that one third of all our employees have been with us for over 10 years.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, company subsidized cafeteria and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration