The Service Desk Technician II provides IT support over the phone and in person to non-technical end-users and performs basic device support independently for end users. This position will provide onsite hands-on support to two manufacturing facilities that are multisite operations. The technician will install, assess, troubleshoot, maintain, repair and upgrade computers and equipment of different types. This position will fulfill customer requests, resolve customer technical problems, and respond to customer questions in a quality and timely manner. They will build relationships with employees and help them find solutions while providing exceptional customer service. In this role they will gain exposure to a wide variety of products and services because they assist with technical problems concerning hardware, software, peripheral equipment like phones and printers.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Provide IT user support using standard screens, scripts, reference guides, and procedures with
completing ongoing training to deepen skillset
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic
procedures to determine source of error
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical support questions of customers in a professional manner
- Images PCs, installs software, and peripheral equipment
- Provides first-level network administration support (create user accounts, assists in file
restores, maintain passwords, increase user space, and provide rights to some areas)
- Update assigned tickets with latest status and continuously communicate to necessary parties,
including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution
- Escalate incidents and service requests to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved
- Works on incident response and resolution targets in an Information Technology Service
Management (ITSM) environment with Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
- Five years' of experience in IT support or college degree in process and two years' experience
- Experience with PC or network administration
- Experience in working with customers in a customer support role over the phone
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical support questions of customers in a professional
- Experience with troubleshooting in a Windows environment preferred
- US citizenship is required
- Ability to work out of Westford, Tyngsboro, and Newton, MA locations
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction. Please understand that any job offer that requires approval of an export license will be conditional on Materion's determination that it will be able to obtain an export license in a time frame consistent with Materion's business requirements.
Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration