Why Choose Us?
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial markets.
$1,500 Sign on Bonus
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our products, our operations and our people. Each is critically important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our wide-ranging initiatives.
How You'll Perform The Role
The Precision Grinder will be responsible to set up variety of machines performing external, internal, surface or contour grinding operations on a wide range of parts having a number of shoulders, radius, recesses, and tapers to extremely close tolerances with thin-walled plastic injection molded products and a high degree of finish. Diagnose machine problems and make necessary corrections. Operates deburring and grinding machine to perform a series of operations to ensure that the parts meet company workmanship standards and customer specifications for smooth surfaces and edges.
- Position and secure deburring and cutting tools onto holding fixtures of the machine and
proceeds to deburr and grind parts to meet quality specifications
- The Precision Grinder must be experienced, with the use of micrometer, gauges, calipers, and
knowledge of characteristics of material cutting tools and grinding wheels
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment ensuring that equipment is in good working order
and all safety features are working properly
- Notify Management and or Quality when corrective action is required
- The Precision Grinder must have the ability to follow written and verbal work instructions and
interact with the production system
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Is productive and works to due dates
- Follows established procedures as well as quality and safety standards
- Maintain cleanliness of work area, and equipment
- Other various duties assigned by supervisor
What We Need From You
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing enviroment, 2-3 years trade training in machining preferred or a
recent certificate in precision machining or related field
- The right candidate must be dependable, works great in teams as well as independently, has a
great sense of pride, and is willing to represent our company by adhering to our high
standards and policies
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Math skills & Basic computer knowledge
What You'll Get From Us
With safety as our top priority and a commitment to employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may vary depending on where you work.
At Novolex, giving back to the local communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and Development:
We offer constant opportunities for advancement. From skills development to advanced education programs, training and development programs and courses are available through Novolex University. Programs include company and industry training curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the organization.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration