Moderna is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines. We're seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate to reside in Moderna's Technical Development organization in Norwood, MA. This is a lab-based role that will support the early phase process development of Moderna's mRNA-based medicines to enable our clinical supply and pipeline. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment and be able to contribute to process development activities. We seek applicants who are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with a strong attention to detail. Significant bioprocess development experience with standard bioprocess unit operations (e.g. enzymatic reactions, mixing, chromatography, tangential flow and/or filtration) is desirable. The position will support cross-functional teams across CMC, Research & Development, Preclinical & GMP Manufacturing, Quality, and Analytical Development.
Here's What You'll Do:
* Develop robust, scalable, and well-characterized processes for manufacturing mRNA.
* Develop and optimize mRNA production and process methodologies.
* Identify and/or optimize unit operations to improve robustness, while maintaining product quality.
* Collaborate cross-functionally in the design of process equipment and control strategies.
* Communicate research findings to internal stake-holders.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
* Bachelors in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering, biological engineering or a related discipline.
* Technical experience in the following areas is preferred: molecular biology techniques (Polymerase Chain Reaction, in vitro transcription), chromatography (HPLC, LC-MS, AKTA), experimental design, assay development and troubleshooting.
* Basic lab capabilities, such as pipetting and buffer preparation, are desired.
* Prior co-op or internship experience is favorable.
* Experience with purification techniques (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP) for macromolecules such as RNA, DNA, proteins/antibodies, peptides will be plus.
* Exceptional oral communication skills
* Ability to effectively document and communicate results.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to support colleagues across the organization and a demonstrated aptitude for team and employee development.
* Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
* Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
* Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
* Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
* Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
* Adoption and family-planning benefits
* Dedicated care coordination supp
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply