Moderna is seeking an Associate Director of Clinical Operations to manage rare disease studies. This consist of more than one study. This position will be responsible for initiating and leading clinical studies, across all phases, including overseeing CROs and vendors and working cross-functionally on clinical operations strategy and related initiatives. This position reports to the Senior Director, Clinical Operations within Therapeutics. This position will work collaboratively across the rare disease and cross-functional teams on the overall development programs and related studies to ensure successful execution of assigned projects. This position may also oversee studies in other therapeutic areas within the TA, including oncology studies.
Here's What You'll Do:
* Accountable for delivery of assigned clinical studies budget, timelines, and resource management with focus on quality, including making recommendations and decisions regarding operational strategies to support study and/or program objectives
* Develop operational strategy and clinical operations plans in support of execution of the Clinical Development Plan
* Partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as the Project Leader, Clinical Development Lead, Regulatory Lead, and other relevant stakeholders
* Lead and oversee execution of first-in-human through phase 4 trials, depending on lifecycle of program, in compliance with ICH/GCP, local regulations, and Moderna SOPs
* Support the selection, oversight, and management of CROs and other vendors
* Oversee site feasibility/capability assessments in collaboration with the CRO and cross-functional team
* Review and provide clinical operations input into relevant clinical documents such as the protocol, investigator brochure, regulatory documents, clinical study reports and other documents and plans as appropriate
* Manage and provide oversight to the cross functional team and CRO/vendor(s) related to all aspects of clinical trial operations
* Responsible for representing Clinical Operations on cross-functional project teams and vendor/CRO operational meetings and ensuring compliance with operational standards and procedures.
* Along with other Clinical Development personnel, represent Moderna externally to Investigators, site staff, and Key Opinion Leaders
* Perform and document study level Sponsor Oversight of outsourced clinical activities
* Communicate study-status, cost and issues to ensure timely decision-making by senior management
* Oversee/collaborate on and contribute to inspection readiness activities that support audits and regulatory inspections related to clinical trial conduct
* Maintain oversight and participate in the creation/review/training/maintenance of departmental and organizational SOPs to ensure compliance
* Lead and/or participate in clinical operations workstreams related to departmental and operating model related initiatives
* Develop and foster strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders both within and external to Moderna
* Support program level deliverables/activities
* Provide oversight and mentorship to assigned Clinical Trial Managers and Clinical Trial Associates by providing clinical operations and functional area expertise and support identification and prioritization of study and program level work.
* Strive for continuous improvement and more efficient ways of wor
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply