Moderna is currently seeking a Biobank Data Specialist to join our team. This candidate will play a key role in the development and growth of Moderna's biorepositories, responsible for managing and updating the LabVantage database. The role requires a detail-oriented professional with a strong business understanding of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), clinical sample life cycle and data management.
This position will work closely with cross-functional teams, vendors, technical teams, and consultants to help develop the database, confirm execution of user acceptance test (UAT), and enhance system integrations.
This position will be a full-time, office-based position in Norwood, MA
Here's What You'll Do:
* Support the implementation and integration of data across different operational areas, including biobank, laboratory, clinical and supplier operations.
* Demonstrate your understanding of concepts and principles in biobanking operations to drive integrated results across multiple related teams ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations.
* Support the creation and management of master data strategies to ensure alignment with current and future business requirements.
* Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather business requirements, prioritize, develop, and deliver reports, metrics, and KPIs while supporting future objectives, expansion, and strategy development.
* Provide business ownership for LIMS application to define process strategy, approve process changes, and identify business risk.
* Create and revise technical documentation, including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, process models, process maps, outlines, work practices and specifications to evaluate and optimize business operations.
* Support standard and non-standard data transfers, review and resolve errors under standard cadence, document issue tracking.
* Help manage the testing requirements for updates including patches and version upgrades.
* Develop training materials and lead end-user training sessions to review, database, dashboards, reports and sample life cycle process.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university required.
* 4 years relevant work experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or sample storage environment.
* Hands-on experience with LIMS, preferably LabVantage.
* Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL.
* An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
* Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
* Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
* Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply